Today's class was centered on dessert plating skills. These are not the Professional Pastry and Baking students - these students live on the savory side, but all chefs to be need to develop their presentation skills.
- First, cook or bake correctly - properly prepared food will always look better
- Watch your cuts - no raggedy edges, uneven or rough sides
- Utilize differing sizes and shapes, colors and patterns
- Vary your plate choices: sizes, shapes, colors and designs
- Look for balance - do not overcrowd - stay off the rim
- Identify a focal point and build around, using a natural flow
Good online source for ideas: www.plateonline.com